Welcome to Fit Brain Dragon

Welcome to my Blog and to musings, wisdom (perhaps) and other stuff from my world of Mental Health and Dragon Boat Racing in Adelaide, South Australia.



Mental Health is but one aspect of overall health and shares this Blog (and my mind) with Dragon Boat Racing, an accessible fitness activity that I have chosen for myself. I am not alone in my conviction that you can not have health without having mental health. It is also true, though less often said, that you can't have mental health without having physical health.



This rather obvious relationship is surprisingly missed too often by too many. This Blog will feature my thoughts about mental health and about the value of Dragon Boat Racing in my life.



In my experience as a Mental Health Nurse and a Counsellor many people with chronic health problems such as Diabetes, Arthritis and Depression may find enormous advantage in linking themselves to medical and other supports as well as a team sport such as Dragon Boat Racing.

It has been demonstrated in Type 2 (late onset)Diabetes for example that a proper routine of diet and exercise is a more effective first line treatment than medications.



About Andy Kelly

My photo
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Skype: andykinoz

Thursday, September 2, 2010

It's tough sometimes

Its tough sometimes to keep the self separated from others. I find that I can often keep my own fears and feelings in perspective when I can insulate myself from others but get caught in a contagion of others feelings when I am 'forced' or am choosing to interact with others.
Resisting gossiping until caught in gossip. Resisting being critical of others until engulfed in a group who are criticising someone. Resisting anxiety and pessimism until surrounded by people who are filled with fear and pessimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers